Who We Are
The Nigerian-American Public Affairs Committee, or NAPACUSA, began in 2011. It was founded by a group of visionary and high-profile Nigerian-American leaders in the USA who are committed to “enhanced socio-economic impact and voice of people of Nigerian origin in the United States and their increasingly influential next generation.”
Our advocacy organization is comprised of:
- NAPAC USAA 501 (C) 4 established in 2011 as a Political Action Committee (PAC)
- NAPAC FoundationA 501 (C) 3 established in 2014 as a Resource Trusteeship for NAPAC’s activities
- NAPAC State PACA 527 organization established in 2014 as a State-Level Implementation Partner
To engage, inform, and empower Nigerian-Americans in the United States through policy impact, education, health and wellness, effective advocacy, and economic empowerment.
To be the center-point for Nigerian-American progress in the United States. All 50 states of the USA will be represented.
What Moves Us
Our advocacy organization in California works, serves, and supports others by upholding the following values:
- To build an organization today that future generations, America-born Nigerians, will run, manage, and rely on for years to come.
- To close the image gap and serve the interests of Nigerians worldwide.
- NAPAC will be the most relevant and impactful Nigerian-American based organization in the Americas.
- To be the voice of Nigerian organizations and people in the US.
- To promote Nigerian interests in the US.
- To provide high-impact programs and services to grow the impact of Nigerians in the US.
- To fill gaps in knowledge and policy advocacy.
- To provide a home and base for Progressive Nigerian youth and young professionals, who want to belong and contribute to Nigerian progress.
- Other Nigerian-American based organizations in the US will recognize NAPACUSA as the inclusive, formidable organization for other ethnic professional and social associations.
- NAPACUSA’s programs will be well supported and funded by stakeholders, including members, partners, philanthropist, and prominent business people.
- Nigerian-Americans will clearly recognize NAPACUSA as a key player in areas such as:
- Business: Fortune 500.
- Science and Technology
- Information Technology
- NAPACUSA’s vision is to be the Center point for Nigeria-American growth, development and economic empowerment.
- NAPACUSA will promote and leverage strengths such as education, economic, and population of Nigerian-Americans to achieve its goals.
- NAPACUSA will partner with individuals, groups, and organizations that share similar views and values in a mutually beneficial relationship.
NAPACUSA’s 7 Program Areas
In every endeavor, we focus our efforts on these specific points. Each one represents a key point of interest that can affect the quality of life, livelihood, security, and future prospects of the Nigerian-American community.
- Nigerian-American Youth Economic Empowerment Program (NAYEEP)
- Nigerian-American Education Enhancement Program (NAEEP)
- Nigerian-American Policy Impact Program (NAPIP)
- Nigerian-American Social Justice Program (NASJP)
- Nigerian-American Health for Prosperity Program (NAHPP)
- Nigerian-American Immigration Progress Program (NAIPP)
- NAPAC Development Program (NADP)
Many of our fellow Nigerian-Americans are living in sub-par conditions or facing difficulties that harm their prospects of a happy life. You can change that. Let us work together to dispel ignorance, combat oppression, establish support, and campaign for equal opportunities to life and contentment.
Contact us now to learn what you can do to make a difference.